Twin's Birthday Cake

This cake was for a neighbors twin boy and girl's first birthday. It was a small family party so they didn't need anything too big, but there are still 10 of them! We decided on a 10 inch chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and a large cupcake for each of the twins. I did everything half and half,  colored half the fondant blue and half pink. I used modeling chocolate for the spots and the numbers. They were easy enough, I just cut out a couple different sizes and placed them randomly on the cake. I hand formed the number ones and put a toothpick in the bottom to help it stick into the cake.

I used white buttercream for the cupcakes so I could color it blue and pink.

I cut a strip of white for the stripe to separate the colors on the cake. The pearls around the base of the cake are sixlets, I used a little frosting to stick them on.

Comments

  1. Beautifull cake, I wonder how did you cover cake with different colors of fondant?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts