Bug Cupcakes

Bug Cupcakes

I made these bug cupcakes for my nephews kind of as our summer kick off get together. I saw the idea in a cupcake book my dad bought me and I knew the boys would love them!

All you need is melting chocolates, a piping bag (or a ziplock would work) and some candy. I used M&MS, Jelly Beans and candy eggs. You can use anything you have around really.. Which in my house is usually plenty of different kinds of candy!

Melt your chocolates according to the packaging and put it in your piping bag. It'll be warm. You might want to let it sit for a minute otherwise it might be too runny. It's easiest to draw out a template of your different bugs before on a piece of paper, then put the template under a piece of parchment paper and trace over it with your chocolate. Make sure you use plenty of chocolate otherwise your pieces will brake easier when they're dry. You also want to make sure you have enough for your candy to stick to. After you trace the bug lay the candies on how you like them and let the chocolate set up. It doesn't take very long but you can put them in the refrigerator if you need to speed it up. 

I love using melting chocolate to make all kinds of cute designs. I hope you enjoy using them too!





Comments

Popular Posts