Chevron Polka Dot Cake

This cake has a 10" base made with chocolate cake and chocolate frosting. The top tier is 8" and made out of rice krispie treats.

You can find the chevron cookie cutter I used on Etsy, the company name is Plastic Finatics and I bought their set of three sizes of cutters.

I made the flowers using Wilton's gerber daisy cutters in layers after using a pink powder dust from Hobby Lobby to color the petals. This was VERY time consuming but they ended up worth it and a little more realistic than if I had colored all the gum paste solid. I wasn't really thinking of any particular flower when I made them I just liked the look and went with it. I used floral wire to make them stand up and stick in the cake where I wanted them.

Comments

  1. Good job, Amy! The cake is cute but those flowers are AMAZING! I don't think I would have noticed they were not REAL if you hadn't mentioned it!! No wonder it took ya 5 hours. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenna! I'm really happy with the flowers but I'm not looking forward to ever doing them again, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenna! I'm really happy with the flowers but I'm not looking forward to ever doing them again, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts