Dinner and Dessert Crepes

Crepes aren't nearly as scary as they might seem. It's basically a flat pancake.. so if you can make a pancake you can make a crepe and they are so yummy with all sorts of this stuffed inside.
 Like this one.. a grilled honey mustard chicken (recipe coming soon) with provolone cheese, red onions, spinach and honey mustard drizzled over the top. It was delicious! I love the slight sweetness of the crepe with the saltiness of the chicken.. and even if you don't like red onion (like me) it really makes the dish pop with flavor so give it a try. You can roll it up and eat it with a fork and knife or with your hands like a burrito. It's a great meal for the whole family.

Crepe Ingredients:
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook

1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 T Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Milk
2 T Butter, melted
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Large Eggs

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk wet ingredients together, then add to dry ingredients. Whisk together until completely smooth.

Lightly butter a 8-10 inch pan on medium heat. When bubbly add a little less than 1/4 cup of crepe batter and immediately turn the pan to coat the bottom and sides.
 Allow it to cook until golden brown and flip to cook on the other side.
 Place on wax paper under a plate until ready to serve. I doubled the recipe because I was feeding 7 adults and five kids dinner and dessert crepes and the recipe doesn't say how many it makes... but it was enough with about 6 leftover. I have no idea how many people ate though.. if I had to guess I'd say it made between 25 and 30 with two batches. So one would make 13-18 or something. I'm planning on making a BLT variety this week so I'll be better at counting them so I can let you know.
For  the dessert crepes the options are endless.. this particular one is filled with a Dove Chocolate Mousse that my mom had a packet for and bananas. The topping is powdered sugar, fresh blackberries, strawberries and blueberries and chocolate fudge drizzled over the top. Amazing! My husband and sister also made some with butter and honey that were really good as well. So experiment with the flavors you like and let me know what you did and how you liked it! I'd love some suggestions!

Comments

Popular Posts