My Little Pony, Fluttershy Cake

This two tier My Little Pony cake is white cake with rainbow colored polka dots inside. It is a 2-layer eight inch round and 3-layer 6 inch round. Both are covered in a light sky blue marshmallow fondant.
The silver rope around the base I got from the ribbon section at Hobby Lobby and the Fluttershy pony is from Walmart. In the Easter section this year they sold single ponies for less than $3! 
The name, number 5, rainbow, butterflies and clouds are all gum paste that I colored.
For the rainbow I rolled out each rope or snake piece and using a little water glued it together to each color. I used a piece of wire in the bottom of each color so I could stick it in the cake later.
For the clouds I rolled balls in different sizes and glued them together again with water. Then I rolled a piece of gumpaste thin and laid it over the balls, gently pressing it into all the little cracks and smoothing it to the base.
For the butterflies I found a Wilton mold at Joann Fabrics I liked. They actually have quite a bit of Wilton and other brand cake making supplies. I'll be going back!
The name and number are pretty self explanitory. I used cookie cutter letters I have and glued it to a white piece, then hand cut it so it had a white border. I used water to glue it to the cake. I think this makes up for my very first cake which was MLP too.. it wasn't horrible but definitely a beginner cake! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts